International expert panel hosted by Worldsensing during ITS 2017
This year´s ITS World Congress in Montreal has brought together global leaders in intelligent and transformative transportation to showcase and evaluate the latest innovative concepts, active prototypes, and live systems. Today, IoT pioneer and Smart City expert Worldsensing hosted an expert panel session on Connected City Operations – Real-world examples of Intelligent City Mobility Management.
Mobility researchers, system integrators and solution providers shared and discussed real-world cases of cities which have already deployed intelligent Mobility Management solutions in their control rooms.
“ITS brings together the brightest minds in transport and mobility management. Being able to sit down with some of them to share experiences and listen to what they think will be relevant in the industry five years from now is very inspiring.”, explains panel host by Dr. Ignasi Vilajosana, Co-founder and CEO of Worldsensing.
Discussion points of the panel included questions such as:
• How does the new “connect everything” IoT paradigm impact city management?
• How will mobility operations will change in the next 5 years?
• And, is all intelligence coming from technology or are intelligent policies also playing a role?
“In the global race to attract talent, operate more efficiently and increase citizens’ quality of life, every major urban center is considering their digital strategy”, adds Scott MacDonald, Co-founder and Managing Partner of McRock Capital, a venture capital firm focused exclusively on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
The panel included:
• Scott MacDonald, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, McRock Capital, Canada
• Daniel Collins, North American Intelligent Infrastructure Advisor – Business Development, Pitney Bowes, USA
• John Munevar, VP of Sales, SKG Technologies, Colombia
• Dr. Farid Mobasser (PhD), Engineering Manager, Fortran Traffic Systems, Canada
• Dr. Remi Tachet de Combes (PhD), Researcher, Microsoft Maluuba, France
• Dr. Ignasi Vilajosana (PhD), CEO and Co-founder, Worldsensing, Spain
About ITS World Congress
The ITS World Congress 2017, produced by ITS America in conjunction with ITS Canada and co-organized by ITS Europe and ITS Asia-Pacific, brings together global leaders in intelligent and transformative transportation to showcase and evaluate the latest innovative concepts, active prototypes, and live systems. ITS World Congress 2017 is held October 29 – November 2 at the Palais des congrès in Montréal.
About ITS America
ITS America is the nation’s leading advocate for the technological modernization of our transportation system by focusing on advancing research and deployment of intelligent transportation systems (ITS). ITS America facilitates collaboration between private companies, public agencies, research institutions and academia while educating the public about the importance of intelligent transportation systems.
Worldsensing is a widely recognized global IoT pioneer. Founded in 2008, the Barcelona-based technology provider delivers Operational Intelligence to traditional industries and cities. With over 80 employees and offices in Barcelona, London and Los Angeles, Worldsensing is globally active and has already conducted projects in over 50 countries across 5 continents.