Worldsensing officially begins the pilot and validation stage for the EU-funded, next-generation smart parking project in preparation for a 2018 launch.
Barcelona, December 2017
In the succeeding months, Worldsensing will be conducting field trials of the new Fastprk2 framework in collaboration with partners and stakeholders in 5 EU countries including Spain, Poland, Belgium, France and Austria.
In 2016, Worldsensing was granted funding by the European Commission for Fastprk2, an initiative to develop the next-generation of parking detection systems equipped with Intelligent Transport Services (ITS) for cities and citizens, all merged in a single mobility platform.
Fastprk2 will provide one of the most advanced off-street parking solutions in the industry through sensors embedded in the ground powered by batteries which communicate occupancy data through a low-power consumption wireless network. Information will be streamed in real time and will be fed to multiple dashboards that will in turn provide cities and parking operators with a complete overview of all their parking spaces. The sensors will combine both magnetic and infrared detection technologies which increases data accuracy to almost 100%.
Fastprk2 will also leverage its concrete learnings from previous Fastprk deployments. Smart Cities using the first Fastprk release have reduced downtown traffic flow by as much as 18% and parking infringements by 55%. The more efficient parking systems also contributed to additional revenues for parking operators.
The comprehensive testing will include:
1) Deployment and integration of the Fastprk technology with existing system components of the selected partners
2) Trials based on specific scenarios and in a variety of demanding environmental conditions (i.e. weather, rotation frequency etc.) aimed to validate the compliance and compatibility of the product to the different systems to which it will be integrated to
3) Fine-tuning of scenario designs and resolution of issues
4) Data collection and prototype adjustments through simple reconfiguration tools
5) Collection of end-user feedback in order to ensure a customer-oriented solution with a high quality of service.
6) Identification of the different applications of the Fastprk2 framework in other scenarios
Worldsensing will also conduct extensive staff training in order to determine the maximum potential of Fastprk2. The testing phase will be crucial to guarantee the level of excellence expected from the upgraded Worldsensing product which will be launched in the market in early 2018.
“The key partners for the testing will experience first-hand the most innovative and end-to-end smart parking management solution in the market,”
says Andrea Bartoli, Head for Innovation at Worldsensing.
“Fastprk2 will also play an important role in the achievement of the H2020 goals on safety, sustainability, efficiency and flexibility in the mobility sector.”
Check out the Fastprk2 website for more details about the project.
The Fastprk2 innovation project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under the grant agreement No 726607.
Worldsensing is a widely recognized global IoT pioneer. Founded in 2008, the Barcelona-based technology provider delivers Operational Intelligence to traditional industries and cities. With over 80 employees and offices in Barcelona, London and Los Angeles, Worldsensing is globally active and has customers in over 50 countries on 5 continents.